Sociology and Anthropology
Join the Sociology and Anthropology Summer School at Oxford Summer Courses
At Oxford Summer Courses, we encourage inquisitive minds to explore the intricacies of society and culture through our Sociology and Anthropology summer school. Tailored for ages 16-24, our distinctive learning experiences foster independent thought within an inclusive community, hosted at prestigious Oxford University colleges. Apply now to study Sociology and Anthropology and embark on a transformative summer school journey with Oxford Summer Courses.
Choose your Sociology and Anthropology summer school
Teaching Methodology (16-17 & 18-24)
Experience the Oxford approach with tutorial-style teaching, led by expert tutors who nurture self-directed learning and critical thinking in interactive seminars within small groups (limited to 8 students). Throughout the summer programme, participants undertake two pieces of independent work, whether essays or problem sheets, meticulously evaluated in personalised 1:1 or 2:1 tutorials. These sessions provide platforms for profound discussions, enabling students to explore diverse perspectives and engage in constructive debates. Upon completion, participants receive a certificate and a personalised letter of recommendation from their tutor.
What's Included (16-17 & 18-24)
- All teaching, including tutorials (1 or 2 students per tutor), small group seminars (8 students or less) and skills development workshops.
- Accommodation and breakfast every day.
- All evening meals including those at local restaurants.
- A Friday evening three-course formal hall.
- A graduation ceremony.
- All programmed visits and excursions.
- Airport transfers.
- Access to Oxford Summer Courses Foundations.
- Travel and medical insurance included.
- Welcome pack: Including an Oxford Summer Courses backpack, notebook, and water bottle.
Reasons to Study Sociology and Anthropology
Enrolling in the Sociology and Anthropology summer school at Oxford Summer Courses offers an enriching exploration of human societies, cultures, and social phenomena. Participants delve into key theories, methodologies, and empirical studies, examining topics such as social inequality, cultural diversity, identity formation, and globalization. Through fieldwork, case studies, and critical analysis, students develop essential skills in research, observation, and cross-cultural understanding, preparing them for future academic pursuits or careers in social research, community development, or cultural diplomacy. This interdisciplinary journey not only deepens understanding of human behaviour but also fosters empathy, cultural awareness, and a commitment to social justice and equity.
Apply Now to Oxford Summer Courses
- Ready to embark on an unforgettable summer of learning and growth? Apply now and join us at Oxford Summer Courses.
- Limited spaces available - don't delay!
- Did you know that you can extend your stay with Oxford Summer Courses when you apply?
- Did you know that we offer flexible payment options?