Join the International Development Summer School at Oxford Summer Courses
At Oxford Summer Courses, we foster the exploration of International Development, empowering young minds to navigate the complexities of global issues. Our tailored summer programmes, designed for ages 16-24, nurture independent thought within a diverse and inclusive community, hosted at esteemed Oxford University colleges. Apply now to study International Development and embark on a transformative summer school journey with Oxford Summer Courses.
Choose your International Development summer school
Teaching Methodology (Ages 16-17 & 18-24)
Experience the Oxford approach with tutorial-style teaching, led by expert tutors who cultivate self-directed learning and critical thinking in interactive seminars within small groups (limited to 8 students). Throughout the course, participants will complete two pieces of independent work, whether essays or problem sheets, meticulously evaluated in personalised 1:1 or 2:1 tutorials. These sessions offer a platform for constructive feedback and discussion, enabling students to explore new perspectives from both their peers and tutors. Upon completion, participants will receive a certificate and a personalised letter of recommendation from their tutor.
What's Included (Ages 16-17 & 18-24)
- All teaching, including tutorials (1 or 2 students per tutor), small group seminars (8 students or less) and skills development workshops.
- Accommodation and breakfast every day.
- All evening meals including those at local restaurants.
- A Friday evening three-course formal hall.
- A graduation ceremony.
- All programmed visits and excursions.
- Airport transfers.
- Access to Oxford Summer Courses Foundations.
- Travel and medical insurance included.
- Welcome pack: Including an Oxford Summer Courses backpack, notebook, and water bottle.
Reasons to Study International Development
Enrolling in the International Development summer school at Oxford Summer Courses offers a profound exploration of global challenges and solutions, spanning issues such as poverty, inequality, sustainability, and human rights. Participants engage in critical analysis of development theories, policies, and practices, gaining insights into the complex dynamics shaping societies worldwide. Through interactive discussions, case studies, and practical exercises, students develop essential skills in research, advocacy, and project management, preparing them for meaningful engagement in the field of international development. This interdisciplinary journey not only fosters a deeper understanding of global issues but also cultivates empathy, cultural awareness, and a commitment to positive social change.
Apply Now to Oxford Summer Courses
- Ready to embark on an unforgettable summer of learning and growth? Apply now and join us at Oxford Summer Courses.
- Limited spaces available - don't delay!
- Did you know that you can extend your stay with Oxford Summer Courses when you apply?
- Did you know that we offer flexible payment options?