Join the History Summer School at Oxford Summer Courses
At Oxford Summer Courses, we encourage the exploration of the past, offering a dynamic journey through history. Our tailored summer programmes, designed for ages 16-24, foster independent thought within a supportive and inclusive community, hosted at prestigious Oxford and Cambridge University colleges. Apply now to study History and embark on a transformative summer school journey with Oxford Summer Courses.
Teaching Methodology (Ages 16-17 & 18-24)
Experience the Oxford way with tutorial-style teaching, led by expert tutors who promote self-directed learning and critical thinking in interactive seminars within small groups (limited to 8 students). Throughout the course, participants will complete two pieces of independent work, which will be meticulously evaluated in personalised 1:1 or 2:1 tutorials. These sessions provide a platform for constructive feedback and dialogue, allowing students to gain fresh perspectives from both their peers and tutors. Upon completion, participants will receive a certificate and a personalised letter of recommendation from their tutor.
What's Included (Ages 16-17 & 18-24)
- All teaching, including tutorials (1 or 2 students per tutor), small group seminars (8 students or less) and skills development workshops.
- Accommodation and breakfast every day.
- All evening meals including those at local restaurants.
- A Friday evening three-course formal hall.
- A graduation ceremony.
- All programmed visits and excursions.
- Airport transfers.
- Access to Oxford Summer Courses Foundations.
- Travel and medical insurance included.
- Welcome pack: Including an Oxford Summer Courses backpack, notebook, and water bottle.
Reasons to Study History
Enrolling in the History summer school at Oxford Summer Courses offers a captivating exploration of the past, delving into the events, people, and ideas that have shaped our world. Participants engage with diverse historical topics, from ancient civilizations to modern revolutions, gaining insights into the complexities of human societies. Through critical analysis of primary sources and historical narratives, students develop essential skills in research, interpretation, and argumentation, fostering a deeper understanding of historical processes and their relevance to contemporary issues. This interdisciplinary journey not only enriches historical knowledge but also cultivates analytical thinking, empathy, and a lifelong appreciation for the study of the past.
Apply Now to Oxford Summer Courses
- Ready to embark on an unforgettable summer of learning and growth? Apply now and join us at Oxford Summer Courses.
- Limited spaces available - don't delay!
- Did you know that you can extend your stay with Oxford Summer Courses when you apply?
- Did you know that we offer flexible payment options?