Academic Summer Courses for 18-24 Year Olds
- Live in central Oxford in university accommodation
- Small group tutorial teaching with leading Oxford academics
- Cultural and social activities to explore Oxford in small groups and immerse yourself in English language and culture
- 20 academic subjects to choose from
- Evening meals at Oxford's best restaurants
Kitty Golding 2016 Classics student from UK
The thing I have enjoyed most about Oxford Summer Courses is being able to experience an Oxford student’s lifestyle. Oxford is an absolutely stunning city and to be able to study here, along with specialists in our chose subject field, is an honour and has really inspired me to strive towards my potentia
Our courses are designed to give you a taste of undergraduate life at Oxford in a friendly and supportive environment. You'll stay at Somerville College which is a 5 minute walk from the centre of Oxford near the lively Jericho area of Oxford with plenty of pubs, bars and restaurants to discover. You'll have the chance to investigate Oxford during your free time (though it's up to you to balance this with preparing for your tutorials) and you'll have a key card that gives you access to Somerville College to come and go as you please.
You'll explore Oxford as part of a small group of 15-20 students who you'll get to know through the cultural and social dimension of your course. Small groups sizes allow us to visit the most delicious local restaurants each evening whilst after tutorials on Friday you can relax over a sumptuous three-course meal in the college dining hall and perhaps enjoy a glass of wine to celebrate the end of a packed week.
Your tutor will guide you through a weekly tutorial and four seminars.
Tutorials make Oxford a global academic force. They’re an unrivalled opportunity to scrutinise your work with the world’s finest minds. Your tutorials, quite simply, will shape your thinking forever. Each week our staff will give you their undivided attention. They’ll closely attend to your essays and arguments – and force you to justify your directions and conclusions. And they’ll share their own approaches, honed throughout many years of intense study and reflection. Don’t be daunted, though. Our teachers are here to guide and inspire you. They want to hear what you think and why – and help bring out the very best in you. You’ll learn new ways to think, marshal evidence and defend your beliefs with flexibility and flair.
In addition to your weekly tutorial you'll have four seminars each week. In our seminars you’ll be in groups of around six students of the same ability and experience. You’ll be supervised by an Oxford tutor, but the emphasis here is on you. So you’ll each prepare a topic in advance, then present your work to the group. It’s a chance to learn from, and share with, your peers in a collaborative, friendly setting – while taking part in lively and thought-provoking debate. And our tutors will help give your academic presentation skills serious sheen.
Business and Entrepreneurship
Prices and Dates
- 2 week courses: £3,895
- • 25th June to 8th July (available to all ages)
2nd July to 15th JulyFULL, WAITING LIST ONLY (available to 16-17 and 18-24 age groups) with Christ Church en-suite supplement of £350 What’s this?
- • 9th July to 22nd July (available to all ages)
- • 16th July to 29th July (available to 16-17 and 18-24 age groups) with Christ Church en-suite supplement of £350 What’s this?
- • 23rd July to 5th August (available to 16-17 and 18-24 age groups)
- • 30th July to 12th August (available to 16-17 and 18-24 age groups)
- 4 week courses: £7,395
- • 25th June to 22nd July (available to all age groups)
2nd July to 29th JulyFULL, WAITING LIST ONLY (available to 16-17 and 18-24 age groups) with Christ Church en-suite supplement of £700 What’s this?
- • 9th July to 5th August (available to all age groups)
- • 16th July to 12th August (available to 16-17 and 18-24 age groups)
Included in the price is:
- • All teaching, including tutorials (16-17 and 18-24 only) and small group seminars
- • Accommodation and breakfast every day
- • All evening meals at local restaurants (16-17 and 18-24 only)
- • A three-course college banquet on Friday evening
- • Lunch for students aged 13-15 three times a week and all evening meals (3 times a week at local restaurants)
Christ Church, the most magnificent college in Oxford was re-founded by King Henry VIII in the 16th century, it has educated 13 British Prime Ministers and was the inspiration for Alice in Wonderland but today it offers our students modern en-suite rooms in a grand setting.
If you stay at Christ Church this summer on either the 2nd or 16th July you’ll have:
- A superior quality en-suite room
- Breakfast in the same dining hall Harry Potter was filmed in each morning
- A special 4 course banquet each Friday in Christ Church’s magnificent banqueting hall
- A graduation ceremony in the Old Library which houses numerous historical artefacts including Cardinal Wolsey’s 16th century hat
If you are looking for a unique experience this grand setting offers our students a chance to live and study in a historical environment that has played host to inquiring minds for nearly 500 years.