Why choose Oxford Summer Courses?
Oxford Summer Courses was established by a network of Oxford alumni determined to share the magic of the university and the city with the wider world.
We run 2 and 4 week academic and English Language courses for students aged 10 to 24. Although Oxford Summer Courses isn’t part of the university, Oxford is at the core of everything we do. It shapes what, where and how we teach.
Whether you’re already at university, preparing to apply or still at school there’s every reason to spend your summer with us.
1. AN AUTHENTIC OXFORD EXPERIENCEYour course will blend world-class teaching from Oxford academics and the best of English culture. We are a group of Oxford tutors, alumni and locals who have taught, studied and lived in the city for decades. We’ve been using our intimate knowledge of Oxford to successfully run summer courses since 2010. Spend your summer with us and you’ll:
- Be taught by an Oxford academic in small group seminars and if you’re aged 16 or over you’ll also receive weekly tutorials (one or two students to each tutor)
- Live in one of the university’s colleges situated in the heart of Oxford
- Enjoy a lively programme of English cultural activities including trips to Windsor Castle, punting on the river Thames and animated debate nights
2. WORLD CLASS TEACHINGYou’ll develop a personal relationship with an exceptional teacher. Our tutors are highly experienced teachers and motivated Oxford academics; you’ll be learning from leaders in their field. Study with us and you’ll:
- Receive world-class tuition – our tutors will guide you to think more deeply about your subject, stretch your knowledge and challenge your arguments
- Learn to structure your thought and arguments in English whatever your starting language level, using highly interactive teaching methods
- Study in classes of around 6 students to maximise the improvement in subject knowledge in the shortest time possible
- If you are aged 16-24 receive tuition from an Oxford academic (one or two students to each tutor)
3. A WIDE RANGE OF SUBJECTSYou have the flexibility to explore topics that really interest you – choose from 20 academic subjects (depending on your age) or one of our English language courses.
Arts and Humanities
Business and Entrepreneurship
4. LASTING FRIENDSHIPS WITH INTERNATIONAL STUDENTSYou’ll be part of a diverse group of students from over 60 different countries. Our courses have a friendly and collegiate atmosphere as all activities and meals are taken together in small, highly international groups of students of similar ages. If you’re part of our group this summer you’ll:
- Relax, socialise and play sport with people from around the world
- Eat meals each night with your peers and feast on a sumptuous college banquet each Friday
- See why our courses receive consistently excellent feedback with many students returning year after year
5. QUALITY ASSURANCE FROM THE BRITISH ACCREDITATION COUNCILWe are accredited by the British Accreditation Council – this means they have assessed and approved our courses, teaching and safety procedures. Their accreditation is a mark of excellence in the industry and one we are immensely proud of. It also allows us to help you travel here if you are over 18 as you will be eligible to apply for a student visitor visa for a short course of study.
6. A WIDE CHOICE OF DATES
- 2 week courses: £3,895
- • 25th June to 8th July (available to all ages)
2nd July to 15th JulyFULL, WAITING LIST ONLY (available to 16-17 and 18-24 age groups) with Christ Church en-suite supplement of £350 What’s this?
- • 9th July to 22nd July (available to all ages)
- • 16th July to 29th July (available to 16-17 and 18-24 age groups) with Christ Church en-suite supplement of £350 What’s this?
- • 23rd July to 5th August (available to 16-17 and 18-24 age groups)
- • 30th July to 12th August (available to 16-17 and 18-24 age groups)
- 4 week courses: £7,395
- • 25th June to 22nd July (available to all age groups)
2nd July to 29th JulyFULL, WAITING LIST ONLY (available to 16-17 and 18-24 age groups) with Christ Church en-suite supplement of £700 What’s this?
- • 9th July to 5th August (available to all age groups)
- • 16th July to 12th August (available to 16-17 and 18-24 age groups)
Included in the price is:
- • All teaching, including tutorials (16-17 and 18-24 only) and small group seminars
- • Accommodation and breakfast every day
- • All evening meals at local restaurants (16-17 and 18-24 only)
- • A three-course college banquet on Friday evening
- • Lunch for students aged 13-15 three times a week and all evening meals (3 times a week at local restaurants)
Christ Church, the most magnificent college in Oxford was re-founded by King Henry VIII in the 16th century, it has educated 13 British Prime Ministers and was the inspiration for Alice in Wonderland but today it offers our students modern en-suite rooms in a grand setting.
If you stay at Christ Church this summer on either the 2nd or 16th July you’ll have:
- A superior quality en-suite room
- Breakfast in the same dining hall Harry Potter was filmed in each morning
- A special 4 course banquet each Friday in Christ Church’s magnificent banqueting hall
- A graduation ceremony in the Old Library which houses numerous historical artefacts including Cardinal Wolsey’s 16th century hat
If you are looking for a unique experience this grand setting offers our students a chance to live and study in a historical environment that has played host to inquiring minds for nearly 500 years.